Effient Lawsuits, Litigation & Lawyers What You Should Know
Effient is a blood-thinning drug manufactured by the American drug giant Eli Lilly. A recent study showing a link between the blood-thinning drug Effient and the development or worsening of cancer tumors in Effient users makes the likelihood of new Effient litigation that much greater. Studies have pointed specifically to an increased risk of colon, lung, and prostate cancer.
Effient came on the market in July 2009 as a highly-touted competitor to the other major blood-thinning drug on the market, Plavix. The findings in the recent studies now point to the likelihood that the drug was rushed onto the market despite the fact that the manufacturer may have known in advance about the possibility of increased cancer incidences in Effient users. This is aside from the fact that the FDA had already warned users that the drug could cause significant and potentially fatal adverse bleeding in patients with a history of heart or stroke problems.
If you or a loved one has taken Effient, you may be at an increased risk of developing cancer, or your existing tumors may have worsened. If you are in such a situation, you may be considering legal action. But a major question is determining which party may be at fault for your injuries. It could be the drug’s manufacturer, Eli Lilly, the doctor who prescribed you the drug, or perhaps the medical staff at your hospital.
An experienced Effient attorney will be able to help you investigate your claim, determine the party or parties at fault, and recover the damages you deserve for your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering, among other things. Consulting an attorney is also important in helping preserve your rights against the statute of limitations, which is a time limit imposed on filing your claim, and which differs from state to state.
Check out the following articles for more information about Effient, filing an Effient lawsuit, and finding an Effient attorney.
- For more information about Effient, see Effient Overview: Effient Claims & Effient Injuries
- For more information on Effient risks, see Effient Warning: Effient Side Effects and Risks
- For more information about the serious side effects of taking Effient, see Effient Side Effects: Cancer Tumors and Adverse Bleeding
- To learn more about Effient warnings, see Effient Information and Warnings
- To learn more about Effient attorneys, and how to find one, see Effient Attorneys and Lawyers – How to Hire