Florida Product Liability Lawyers, Attorneys & Lawsuits
This kind of claim can be made against a manufacturer or against the sellers of a product, both wholesale and retail. It can even be made against someone who installs a product, such as an auto mechanic who sells and installs auto parts in cars.
Its difficult to predict how soon your Florida product liability lawsuit will be resolved. The length of the process involves many factors, including how complicated or hotly disputed aspects of the case are. Some dangerous conditions are fairly obvious, but in other cases, like a dispute about whether a drug caused a stroke, the question of whether the product caused the harm can be very complicated. While most cases go through the following general steps, the parties may engage in settlement negotiations at any time before a verdict is reached, including the time before a lawsuit is filed:
- A lawsuit is filed;
- The Defendant(s) respond;
- The parties file various motions in court;
- The parties gather evidence in the form of testimony, documents, and physical evidence;
- A settlement conference is held with a judge;
- There is a trial and verdict;
- Damages are collected.
If you want a successful outcome in your case, you are advised to hire the most qualified Florida product liability attorneyyou can find. An experienced lawyer can help you with every aspect of your case. For example, every state has a limit on the time a plaintiff has to file a lawsuit (statute of limitations). In Florida, the time is different for different kinds of cases. Once youve identified the right statute of limitations, you have to know when the period starts to run. Sometimes the time limit is measured from the time of the injury, and sometimes it runs from the time the plaintiff discovers something is wrong. If a plaintiff gets the statute of limitations wrong and doesnt file within the time limit, he or she doesnt get a second chance; the claim is completely lost.
Other issues that may seem simple can have a serious effect on a case. These would include where to file a lawsuit, what damages to seek, and who to name as defendants. An experienced Florida product liability lawyer can make these decisions and direct the litigation by interviewing witnesses, collecting evidence, and planning your strategy.
Besides representing you in court, your attorney will make telephone calls, write letters, protect you from the opponents representatives, negotiate on your behalf, and prepare for trial.
If you would like to have your case evaluated by an experienced Florida product liability attorney, fill out our case evaluation form at no cost or obligation.
Check out the following articles for more information about Florida product liability, filing a Florida product liability lawsuit and finding a Florida product liability attorney.
- For more information about Florida product liability claims, see Florida Product Liability and Defective Product Claims
- For more information about Florida product liability damages, see Florida Defective Product Damages
- To learn more about who is responsible in a Florida product liability claim, see Florida Defective Product Liability: Who is Responsible? .
- If you would like to learn more about Florida product liability lawyers and attorneys, see Florida Defective Product Attorneys & Product Liability Lawyers